Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Seeing is believing...

The picture I posted on Monday of the red spots on C's neck PALE in comparison to how she looks now! Bless her little heart! Y'all pray for her! Pray that she can sleep good, that she'll feel much better in the morning, and that the doctor will know how to treat her!



This is the worst looking picture. You can see her sad, sleepy eyes, lots of the spots, and the snot that WILL NOT stop coming out of her nose!


R stayed home with her today. We didn't feel good sending her to Nana's and I had a presentation. She had more spots when she woke up this morning, her left eye was crusted over, and her nose was caked with dried snot. The doctor told R that it would take 3-4 days for the penicillin to work out of her system and not to worry unless her fever went above 100.4. Lo and behold, it got up to 101.4 this afternoon. R called the doctor and he was already gone. The NP said to give her Motrin and we're going back to the doctor at 9 in the morning.
Dr. Mom's guess is that the amoxicillin that we took all last week to clear up the ear infection didn't do anything to cure the infection because it was fighting with her body. What was once an ear infection has now turned into a full-blown upper respiratory infection. I'll let you know if I'm right. Even though she doesn't feel good, she's still been relatively happy. She's completely fascinated with throwing random items in the trash can, so that is how she's keeping herself entertained!
On a MUCH less severe level, I have been feeling bad. Sneezing, sinus drainage, sore throat, and just run-down. I'll be mentioning that to the doctor tomorrow too!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet little love bug! I'll be praying for her and both of you. I'm home fighting something with CDP too. I'm ready for this sick season to end! I'll check back tomorrow.

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Baby!!! At least she doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Let me know what you hear at the DR tomorrow-for both of you. Hope you feel better!!! Love DanaMarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pitiful Pearl! I hope the doctor can get you and her feeling better soon. Love, Baby Brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing. I'll be praying for you guys. Hope you get some answers at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless her little heart, that is soo sad! Hope she starts feeling better asap!!
    Just tell her polka dots are in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Bless her little heart. And yalls too! Hope all is well at this point!

    ReplyDelete