Monday, June 1, 2009

Sorry to “spring” the news on some of you who would have preferred to be told in person or via personal email. It has all happened really quickly, and R and I decided that there was no reason for us to wait any longer to share our news. I have not been to the doctor yet, but I’ve taken a HPT each of the past three weeks and gotten a positive each time. I go to the doctor on June 25th. If something is going to “happen” it will “happen” whether we’ve told people or not. We figure we’ll be better off the more people we have praying for us and Baby R. (Yes, his/her name will be an R name.) I haven’t made a grand announcement at work—I just don’t want to make a big deal about it. Estimated due date is the end of January, so I’m about 5-6 weeks along right now. C and Baby R will be around 25 months apart! We’re very excited and look forward to this new adventure. I’ve felt okay—just tired and hungry—and a little cranky according to R! It is probably true, but I’m secure with that.




22 comments:

  1. Corrie! You little sneak! Trying to throw us off with your post...and I quote:

    "I have this theory that when people go long periods of time without posting anything substantive on their blogs it is because they are pregnant.

    REST ASSURED, friends, that is not the reason behind my lack of substantive posts lately!"

    {Sigh}How are we ever to trust you again? ;) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't trying to be sneaky! Promise! At the time I posted that, I was not pregnant and I really had no intention of becoming pregnant. Funny how that works...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!! Congratulations, you three!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to do a double-take! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Clara's words, "OH BOY!!!!!!!!" I'm already praying for a happy healthy baby and easy and safe delivery!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaaaaaaay! Congratulations! I'm sure Clara will be a fantastic big sister! When are you due? How are you feeling?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, congrats! and what a cute way to share the news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!! Congratulations Corrie, R, and C! Praying for you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl!!!! we wondered the other night if that was the case! so fun!!!!! i cant't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. noooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! congrats woman!!! that is cRaZy exciting!!!! C is going to be such a GREAT big sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What exciting news! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm shocked!!! i hope i didn't say anything on friday about my own scare with being a mom to two in a few weeks!!! i seriously had no idea! i didn't notice that you were eating more or that you were cranky or tired. maybe because i'm already all those things!

    all our prayers for a healthy, happy pregnancy and a perfectly healthy little baby R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What can I even say? Hugs and kisses from NC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!!!! I am sooooooo excited for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray!!! I'm so excited that I get see you almost each day...what fun it will be to share this joy with you. When we first met, you were just weeks away from welcoming C into in the world. I can't wait to meet R! Congratulations and lots of prayers for health all around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY!!! This is great news! I'm so excited for you and your (growing) family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited for all of you! We will be praying for you and your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just popped in to see how you guys are doing and WOW!!! I am so happy for you guys. I wish you the best of luck and health with this pregnancy. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for y'all! Can't wait for another S baby!!

    ReplyDelete