Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Update!

I know, I know. I'm way overdue for an update. It's just tough being newly pregnant (and nauseated!) during the busiest season at work. I've been running myself ragged and going to bed before 8:30 most nights. I've gotten to rest some this weekend, and this coming week looks MUCH less daunting than the past two. Thank goodness! Here's an update with pictures!

-The best word to describe C these days is BUSY! This girl is either asleep or she's busy having fun. She loves to sing her ABC's like this...
ABCD...FG...IJK...OP....WYBeeeeeee (Z) She does this over and over and over.

-Elmo is still the coolest little red guy at our house. R and I feel like we've successfully entertained C if we can make it through an evening (or a Saturday morning) without her asking for, "Elmo TV?" Yeah, it is pretty rare. She was quite a fan of playing the Rock Band drums over at her cousin's house the other night! Like I said, ALWAYS busy!



-We took a trip to New Braunfels last Saturday to celebrate R's grandma's 86th birthday! Her birthday is also her wedding anniversary, so we celebrated 68 years of marriage for her and Ryan's grandpa too. 68 years is a LONG time! We managed to snag one decent family picture. (C is upset because we are so mean and forced her to leave the game room! Anyone want to call CPS?)



-Speaking of anniversaries, we celebrated 5 years on Friday the 12th. Woo-hoo! R bought steaks and baked potatoes, then later we enjoyed some delicious brownies. We even busted out the China! We had a fun and relaxing family evening.



-We've been spending quite a lot of time outside lately. C is very interested in helping to water the flowers, playing in the dog's water bowl, throwing, kicking and chasing the ball, swinging, sliding, and sidewalk-chalking. How can we resist the always cute "Ou-side?" or "'Mon mommie."?






-R started back to school this week. Ugh for him, and ugh for me. He is only taking one course this summer, but it is a 12-week course. I sincerely look forward to December when he GRADUATES!
-We're at a loss on one of C's behaviors lately. She'll seem fine and then she'll just start screaming and crying (real tears) like something hurts her. She's inconsolable for anywhere to 5-15 minutes. We've been thinking teeth or gas, because we can think of no other explanation. We put her to bed with a dose of Motrin tonight, so in case it is the teeth she'll at least be able to sleep comfortably. Any thoughts on this puzzling behavior? Maybe this is the teacher in me, but I'm thinking I may start keeping a log of the circumstances surrounding these episodes. Time of day, length, contributing factors, etc. At least I'll feel like I'm doing something constructive to figure out what the deal is! Here's the little cutie this weekend on the front porch and earlier this week sporting her very first pony-tail!

-And my mom (C's Gammy) is the sewing-woman-extraordinaire! Check out this fabulous new diaper bag she made for me! It is cute to look at PLUS roomy and not bulky. I love it!! Thanks, Gammy! Not sure how I missed the crafty and creative genes!!
-And then there's me. I go from being really hungry to being nauseated within minutes. I know I've been irritable, and I'm blaming it on a combination of hormones, stress, and knocking my Zoloft dose in half. I know it will all regulate out, though. Babycenter.com says I'm 7 weeks (9 weeks since LMP), so that is what I'll go with until I get something more precise from Dr. Moore next week. We go on Thursday, June 25th.
Be blessed this week, friends!

6 comments:

  1. Even thought I just saw yall a few hours ago, I loved reading the update. The pic of C with the red and white outfit is definately looking like R. Can't wait for vacation with yall.
    Love,
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I'm going to need one of those super cute diaper bags for me and Griffin!!!! Hint.Hint.

    I love the ponytail. I love the anniversary dinner. I love the family picture with the pout!

    Hope you feel better soon!!! If I can do anything to help out, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the cutest diaper bag ever! I LOVE it!

    I hope your doctor appointment goes well next week. I'll be praying for you.

    Oh, and Hannah has started doing that same inconsolable crying thing. Sometimes something instigates the crying, but sometimes it's (seemingly) completely random. I think she may be getting her canine teeth which I've heard is a BEAR. I can't see any signs in her mouth, but she's back to drooling like crazy. Hope sweet C's mysterious crying is figured out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Functional Behavior Analysis worksheet you can use for C! I have to restrain myself from pulling out those work docs in our house all the time! L already pokes fun enough at the "behaviorist" in me. Many congratulations on the blessing of new baby. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love her hair. she is just a doll. you know, when mug got his molars, it was a NIGHTMARE. He got all 4 at once and it was amazing at how awful they made him feel. just a thought. then again, my motto is--blame teeth.

    ReplyDelete