Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It is an exciting day! My very favorite author has a new book out TODAY! I just learned even better news…That this book is the first in a new trilogy!


Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

Makes me so happy! Her first series, The Big Stone Gap series, has been read, re-read, and passed around to so many family and friends. I’m certain this one will make the trip as well. Her stand-alone books are currently displayed on top of my filing cabinet in my cubicle! They are fantastic as well!

And this just makes me GIDDY…A few weeks ago I read somewhere that Adriana was writing a young adult novel. I went poking around on her website to see if I could find out anything about it. I found out that she was in fact writing a YA novel and that it was coming out in November of 2009. I’m presenting a session in October on the best new picks in YA literature, so on a WHIM, I emailed Adriana (never thinking it would make it to her!) to see if I could get an advance reader copy. Within 30 minutes of pressing send, ADRIANA herself emailed me back. She began the email with Corrie, darling! She said I will get the FIRST advance reader copy hot off the presses! I was squealing with delight!

I tried to explain to R that this would be like Michael Jordan emailing him. That put it a little in perspective!

I’ll be heading over to B&N during lunch to pick up Very Valentine (which has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day, by the way). If you need a funny, well-written, and engaging book (or just a break from vampires like I do!) check out ANY ONE of Adriana’s books. You can browse them here.


Oh to be a lover of books and words! I hope desperately to pass this love on to C! Happy Reading, friends!

7 comments:

  1. What?! I had no idea she had a new book out today. I know where I'll be as soon as Hannah wakes up. =) Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read it. I may have to purchase my own copy and put aside the vampire books. I am still not sure that I can get into the one I am reading. It sounds like you and AT are getting to be great chums!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i may just have to check that out. how is the little one and all of those spots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had NO IDEA she had a new book even coming out! And, didn't she comment on your blog before, or did I make that up?

    I am going to make myself wait until the weekend to go (read: RUN) out and buy this book, but only because I have math club, math training (sub for a whole day) and report cards due this week! NOT a good week for this book to come out, at least not in my world. But I am oh-so EXCITED. Hence the ridiculous use of all caps throughout...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that is very cool! I have a friend who is an ASL interpreter and she put a post on her blog about the "Signing Time" DVD's and how she endorses them as someone in "the trade" etc. etc. Well she ended up getting a comment on her blog from the SIGNING TIME OWNER! She was so dang excited!! I'm assuming this must be the similar feeling! How fun for you!

    I keep writing Dave Ramsey in hopes that he leaves a comment on my Total Money Makeover blog but *sigh* no such luck yet!

    How is Miss C?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is Clara? Is she feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What???? How did I not know this? I seriously don't know how I missed it because I look from time to time to see if there's anything new coming out? Oh, man...I must finish the last two books of the Twilight series so I can start on MY favorite, too...AT!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete