Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tagged Twice



A while back, Kimberly tagged me with “Honest Scrap” and recently Heather tagged me with something else really similar. Basically they both ask you to do the same thing…

1. Tell 7 honest facts about yourself that are interesting, strange, or weird.
2. Tag 7 other bloggers to play.
3. Leave a comment on the blogs of the 7 people you tagged.

So, even though I don’t usually play along with these, this one sounds refreshing! Unlike some other blogs I’ve seen, mine isn’t masked in roses and cheerfulness all the time. I do have bad days, I get mad, and I am hurt sometimes. Life is what it is. With that, here are my 7 “Honest Scraps”!

1. When I was a kid, I picked my nose. And ate it. Often. It did not adversely affect me, I never got worms, and my finger was never bitten by a long toothed snail!

2. I have been treated for depression and anxiety since I was 20. I am thankful DAILY that God made doctors and scientists who have studied the brain and made medicines to help folks when their brain chemicals aren’t just right. I pray that I NEVER have to go back to the way I felt before.

3. I gained 60 pounds when I was pregnant with C. I don’t know how much of it was water, but it has been hypothesized that I developed gestational diabetes after my blood glucose test was done. I’m certain they will watch me very carefully next time.

4. Social situations make me sick to my stomach. Baby showers, wedding showers, Pampered Chef parties—you name it—even my own! If there are more than about 4 people, you can guarantee that I’ll be uncomfortable to a point of actually avoiding the event. I am better if C or R is with me because I at least have one person to talk to. I am not a social butterfly and am much happier doing my own thing. I’m trying to get better.

5. I enjoy an occasional glass of wine (Riesling, White Zinfandel, Gewürztraminer), margarita on the rocks, or Mexican beer with lime and salt. I didn’t have a drink until I turned 21. It took me a LONG time to get to the point where I was okay with having a drink. Just part of being raised Southern Baptist I guess.

6. I broke my nose when I was little (and no, I wasn’t picking it when I broke it!) To this day, I do not have cartilage in my nose. It can be pressed FLAT against my face. Some people think it looks really gross. What do you think?

7. I have been “put under” 4 times in my life. Once when I had my wisdom teeth removed (summer between high school and college), once for a colonoscopy in May of 2005, once during the c-section when I had C, and again for another colonoscopy in August of 2008. Being “put under” is the strangest feeling in the world!

I'm TAGGING Audrey, Charla, Alicia, Katie Rae, Sami, Joshua & Amy. (But only do it if you want to!)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you broke your nose when you were little. When did you do it? Why didn't I know?
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm with you on the baby showers, wedding showers, pampered chef parties thing, but I will say it has gotten a lot better! I love that your nose does that! I would have never known that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i am laughing at your mom's comment. but i also want to thank you for always being a trooper at all of my social stuff. i think we all get a little anxious about those kinds of things from time to time. you are always very graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie, I could have written this post! We are so much alike it's a little scary. =) I, too, have social anxiety in groups...hate parties and such. I used to love them, so I'm not sure when this changed. But I'm only comfortable when I'm in my house in nothing fancier than jeans and a t-shirt. I've also had two colonoscopies (and didn't know that anyone else my age had too!). I wasn't raised Southern Baptist, but I had a fear of alcohol for a long time. I could go on and on...
    We need to live closer to one another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops- guess I'm signed in on my husband's account

    This is Alicia, not Chris. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for humoring me Corrie! You did a great job! I can also relate to a lot of it... especially the social anxiety part. Thankfully, my husband is a "social butterfly" and is easy to hide behind! Oh, and the alcohol part too... my attitude about it seemed to improve once I better understood Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can totally relate. #3 I also gained about 55 pounds with my first but unfortunately I cannot blame it on any medical condition. It wasn't like I was stuffing my face. I think my body just puts on the pounds with I'm making babies. I gained like 44 with my second. #5 is totally me! I have struggled with that a lot due to my southern baptist legalistic up bringing. I have learned a lot about living in freedom and the biblical take on alcohol. Not what religion says!

    ReplyDelete