Monday, February 23, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...

...with a 14 month old!

Hey, y'all! I'm soliciting tips and advice for flying with a toddler. C and I are leaving Thursday morning around 11 to fly to North Carolina to spend some time with our besties, Audrey & Sam. The flight is around 2.5 hours, and will partly be during nap time. And if that wasn't enough, we just started C on antibiotics this morning for an ear infection. Lovely!

Have you flown with a toddler? How did you make it a happy experience for everyone involved?

I appreciate y'all!

6 comments:

  1. Variety of snacks
    Lots of toys, preferably new ones (sometimes the dollar store is a place to check)
    It's not so bad. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sedatives?

    Kidding! I'll be praying for a safe, happy, and fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we flew to DC, we had a magna doodle, some books, a bag of snacks, and Creighton did pretty good. I'll be praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no advice, but please share what worked with me! I am sure we will be there one day too! Let's get together when you guys get back! Have a great time and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you guys have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random reader here...I just flew with an 11 week old. I don't know if she's a paci girl or not, but I read that having something to suck on helps with their ears. I fed mine a bottle going up (corresponded with her feeding time) and she sucked on a soothie coming back. I also read that if you can time the flight with naps then that's helpful, but not to let them nap in the airport, because chances are they'll be wired once they get on the plane.

    ReplyDelete