Monday, August 24, 2009

"Craptastic"

“Craptastic” is one of the many words I’ve learned from my hubby over the past few years. It is a combination of “crappy” and “fantastic”. Things the past week have been completely “craptastic” so I thought that would be a perfect title for this post!

Fantastic: Last week (can’t even remember the day!) R sold his truck. We were able to get *almost* what we owed on it! Now we’re on a mad hunt for a minivan!

Fantastic: Last week (again, can’t even remember the day!) we sold our couch and love seat.

Crappy: We are now using one of C’s bean bag chairs as our living room furniture! We’ve rolled the computer chair in the living room as well so we can actually both sit in there at one time!

Fantastic: Last Wednesday, I did my last back-to-school staff development for the year! Talk about worn completely out! I don’t have another presentation until the end of September!!

Fantastic: The playroom conversion is complete!! C LOVES it in there and regularly asks to go in there. She would still prefer I come with her and “play” but I think she enjoys having some free-for-all space! We’re really pleased with how well it turned out! Thank goodness for IKEA!!


Fatastic: My “nephew” Leyton Michael was born last Thursday evening in Grapevine. My mom came through so we could ride down together. We made it to the hospital about 10 minutes before he was born. He’s a precious and handsome little guy with LONG eyelashes! Mom and baby are doing fine!

Crappy: The 1.5-2 hour trip home from Grapevine on Thursday night took us 3.5-4 hours because of traffic. Luckily, C wasn’t with us (which would have made the unpleasant trip home almost unbearable!) We finally made it to my house at about 1:15. Mom got up at 5:30 to drive home and go to work on Friday. What a champ!

Fantastic: To keep us awake, R texted us funny jokes beginning at about midnight. We laughed so hard! Unfortunately for y’all, none of the jokes are appropriate for this very public forum! But they sure were funny in the middle of the night!

Fantastic: I had my checkup on Friday morning. BP was good and I’ve only gained 5 pounds total. That worried me a little bit since I’m 17 weeks pregnant with twins, but Dr. M wasn’t concerned. The portable sonogram revealed that the babies have strong heartbeats and that they are fraternal twins—two placentas and two sacks. We go on September 3rd at 1:30 for our “big sonogram”! Start praying right now that the babes cooperate and show us their goods!

Fantastic: I was able to go furniture shopping ALONE on Saturday morning, and I purchased a sleeper-sofa, a love seat, and an ottoman for the living room. This is our first “adult” living room furniture since we’ve been married!
(Not a great picture, but the couch color is on the right and is called "Copper". The accent pillow color is on the left!)

Crappy: It will take 6-8 weeks for the new furniture to come in, so we’ll be using the bean bag and computer chairs in the living room a while longer!
Crappy: C is showing more and more that she is testing the waters and asserting her independence. R handles all of this very well, but I take all of her misbehavior personally. While changing her diaper this morning, she hit her daddy. He acted immediately and firmly and it was very obvious she knew she had done wrong. I’m glad she didn’t hit me because I know it would have hurt my feelings and I wouldn’t have been able to respond in the way he did. I’m such a perfectionist, and I want so badly to do a good job of raising and disciplining C. I know, I know. There is no perfect parent. I just want to do my best, because she deserves no less! (And as evidenced by the picture below, she is still constantly cracking us up! Notice that she’s decided night GOWNS are much better than pajamas! She insists on wearing her “soft gown” as often as possible!)



Fantastic: C and I were at my parents’ house this weekend, so I got some extra time for sleeping, resting and napping. My body needed it badly! We ate at some of my favorite places over the course of the weekend (Monument Café, Rudy’s BBQ, Pappasito’s) and of course, mom’s home cooking!

Fantastic: We are all well and blessed. We’ll be happy to see more fall-like weather in the coming months. Wishful thinking? Maybe!

6 comments:

  1. "Craptastic" - love it! We actually had a very craptastic day...I just didn't know how to describe it until now. Thankfully little one is in bed early, and I'm about to soak in a long bubble bath with Very Valentine.

    Anyway, I LOVE the furniture and the playroom! How fun. Clara is one lucky little girl. I couldn't help but think that Hannah would totally be climbing that stair-stepped cubby system, though. She'd love that! =)

    Hope you guys are doing well.

    (Oh, and I delivered at Baylor in Grapevine. Is that where you guys were? If so, you saw where Miss Hannah came into this world.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. funnily enough, i bought my first adult furniture when i moved to atlanta just a few weeks ago; i too own my very own sleeper sofa. we really are getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are coming along great!!! YAY!!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your playroom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK! Owen is super jealous of that play room!! =) Ours is still over a year in the making. How sad. You guys sure move fast!

    LOVE the idea of meeting up at the zoo some day! That would be so fun! I've actually been to a zoo in Texas before, I couldn't tell you which one though. Isn't that random?? I've only been there once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl! i personally love the beanbag chair :)

    also, don't take the behavior personally. there are just times when toddlers freak and it is nothing you did/didn't do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete