Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend in Review

Good morning! We had a fun and full weekend, and I thought I'd share a few pics!
On Saturday morning, we got up and drove to Fossil Rim which is only about an hour away from where we live. It is a drive-through safari type thing full of all kinds of animals. I would recommend it to any of you locals who have kids that love animals! Each vehicle can purchase one bag of animal feed to use over the course of the safari. C and I were more interested in just looking at and talking to the animals, while our driver (R) was more interested in looking up and identifying each animal in the brochure!

Because we were driving no more than 15 mph through the whole tour, C got to get out of her car seat and come up front to look for animals. She loved jumping back and forth between me and R.
I had never been so close to a flock of zebras! There was a warning sign that said something about the zebras biting, so I tried to toss the food away from the truck. WELL, I was looking ahead as R watched a zebra sneak up on me from behind and stick his head into the window. SCARED the "you-know-what" out of me. R thought it was hilarious! After we made it past the zebras we got to feed giraffes from our hands! Even C did it! We were so proud of her (and surprised!) that she wasn't freaked out. It was super-cool!
[Then my camera battery died!]
Halfway through the drive, they had a rest area/gift shop/petting zoo place. There were several goats in the petting zoo, and of course, C loved them! Every time we see a goat, Ryan busts into a Mark Wahlberg SNL skit about goats. "Hey goat! I like your beard. We could do a movie together. Say hi to your mom for me!" He thinks it is so funny.
We found a local BBQ joint and ate a delicious lunch there followed by homemade chocolate pie for dessert! C napped on the way home while I rested and R drove. It was a super-fun family day!
Sunday, my mom and dad drove up to help R build our new storage shed in the backyard. The work began around 7:30 and didn't end until almost 5:00! While they worked, I played with C and tried to keep her occupied. Mom cooked and brought a delicious roast with all of the side dishes for lunch! Yummy-tummy! After lunch, here's what I found when I went to check on the sleeping beauty...
We spent a large part of the later afternoon playing in C's newly filled sandbox. The girl with the short attention span can play in the sandbox for LONG stretches of time. It is awesome! She didn't even fight me about wearing her hat or putting on "lotion" (sunscreen)!
And as we played, the schnauzers wrestled, played and tried to dig in the sand. Eventually Grace Ellen got sick of her sisters, so she just climbed herself right up the playground ladder! We laughed so hard! Funny thing was, C wouldn't get up there while Gracie was up there. We wonder how often she gets up there during the day when we're not there! When she was ready to come down, she just came down the slide. What a silly schnauzer!
And thus begins one of the busiest weeks of the year for me at work! I needed a good weekend full of fun and family to launch me into this week! Y'all take care!

1 comment:

  1. corrie... totally found your blog thru lechlers, thru ben fox... what a cutie you and your hubby have! and congrats on the upcoming two! me and mine are expecting our second, a son anyday now. craziness!
    kristin (wildner) mcneil

    ReplyDelete