Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Progress Report!


One of the CUTEST smiles captured in a while! Such a big girl! She even says, "Mommy, I big girl!"

Hello, friends! I wanted to give a progress report on “things” going on around here!

-First of all, I am SO THANKFUL to report that I’m feeling great! It was almost like when I crossed into the 2nd trimester I turned a corner. No more nausea and a ton more energy. Thank you, Lord, for that!

-I worked in the soon-to-be playroom all day last Friday and most of Saturday. I got tons of stuff boxed up for the attic and for Goodwill. Ryan has been swamped with class (finals, etc.) so the attic stuff hasn’t made it up there yet, but my friend Julia delivered all of the Goodwill stuff for me! Hooray!

-My mom is coming to my rescue to paint the playroom for me on Thursday. I can’t do any more until that is done, and obviously, I can’t do it myself. She offered to do anything she could to help me, and I am so thankful! We just picked out a color at lunch called Coastal Mist. It is a pale blue color that we think will look clean and crisp. I’ll post pictures when I can!
-Remember the storage shed that was part of our "plan" for making our current house work? Well, we went and looked at them today at lunch. I think we've decided on an 8x10 plastic shed. It doesn't have a concrete foundation or anything. BUT we just found out that we do have to get a PERMIT from this crazy city in which we live! $32 plus a drawing of our backyard showing property lines, where we want to put the shed, and distances from all property lines. We've decided we're going to do the drawing in crayon and also include the schnauzers in the drawing to make it more true-to-life. Sigh!

-Oh this is an odd (but cool!) story! A couple (about our age) walked from their house to our garage sale a few weekends ago. They had a 20-month old little boy with them in a stroller. We talked to them for a little while and just chit-chatted. They left. A few hours later the mom and the son came and knocked on our door. They said that they had just moved here from Oklahoma and hadn’t met anyone. They said we seemed nice (HA! Little do they know…) and they wanted to give us their contact information in case we ever wanted to get together. We were impressed by their boldness and willingness to go out on a limb! Well, they are coming over for fajitas tonight. I’m excited to meet them since we don’t know very many folks in our neighborhood either. Like R said, it could be really fun or REALLY awkward. I guess we’ll see!
-C spent last weekend with her Gammy and Pops! They had so much fun visiting friends in Marshal and going to the Caldwell Zoo! My baby girl sure has an expressive little face, huh? Not sure who she gets that from...


C's newest smocked dress made by her Gammy. I think it is one of my favorites EVER! She's doing her "cheeseburger" smile!


Feeding the birdies with Pop! She was so excited!

"Look, Gammy!" Here's one of those expressions I was talking about!
"Goat, what in the world are you doing?" I just love this picture for some reason. It captures a thoughtful, contemplative pose. It looks like she's trying to decide whether to run or go scratch the goat's back for him!

3 comments:

  1. Loved the goat picture!

    Kaylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are doing so well! I hope that dinner went well! we need to get together soon too! let me know if we can help you guys out any. we would be happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me even more sad I didn't get to see you guys last weekend! That smocking is to-die-for!

    ReplyDelete