Monday, March 9, 2009

3-0



My hubby turned the big 3-0 at the end of February, so I wanted to do something special for him. With some hard work, creative thinking, help from friends like Dana, Charla, Alicia, Nicki & Kimberly, and an Excel spreadsheet, I succeeded in getting him 30 presents and wrapping each one individually! He was completely surprised and I think he enjoyed opening each gift. C carefully took each present to her daddy, gave it to him, and then clapped and smiled before she ran and got the next one. Sweet memories! I'm including the final gift list in case anyone needs some ideas!


1. Box of Hot Tamales
2. Bag of Andes Mints
3. New headphones/earbuds
4. UNO (card game)
5. 6-pack of Dublin Dr. Pepper
6. A&M flip-flops
7. Loofah
8. Aftershave lotion
9. New Pat Green CD "What I'm For"
10. Air freshener for his truck
11. Flash drive
12. 3-pack of gum
13. Kit Kats
14. Magnetic picture frame
15. Cherry chapstick
16. Camo shorts
17. New box of golf balls
18. Men's hand lotion
19. Bottle of Chardonnay (his favorite)
20. Sudoku book
21. Shaving/Toiletry bag
22. Peanut Butter Sandwich Girl Scout Cookies
23. Mag-Lite flashlight
24. Polo button-down shirt
25. Socks
26. Boxer briefs
27. BBQ grill cleaner brush
28. Texas Rangers hat
29. Peppered beef jerky
30. $10 Sonic gift card

(P.S. One of my rules was that none of the gifts could be "crap gifts"! You know, no little trinkets from the Dollar Store or anything. I wanted everything to be useful!)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks for posting the pic! What did R think? Was he totally surprised and overwhelmed like he should be? LOL! You're one Excellent Wife (the Bible study I'm doing right now).

    ReplyDelete