Monday, March 9, 2009

The Meltng Pot

The Melting Pot...Oh how I love thee! R and I first visited The Melting Pot while on our babymoon in Chicago. The whole dinner ordeal took around 3 hours, and we loved it! I was eating for two and took full advantage of that!

September 2007

The next time we went was for Valentine's Day in 2008. As evidenced by the picture, we still weren't sleeping all night (with a two-month old) and being out past 10:00 was a stretch for us. We loved it the second time too!

February 2008

We went one other time in December of 2008 but just had dessert. We didn't get any pictures taken!

This past weekend we went for our 3rd full dinner-shebang! After a delicious mimosa, we started out with our usual: Cheddar Cheese Fondue with aged, medium-sharp Cheddar and Emmenthaler Swiss cheeses, lager beer, garlic and seasonings. You dip bread, veggies and Granny Smith apple in it! It makes my mouth water just to think about it! (That is what we are eating in the picture below!)










March 2009

Our entree was next and included teryaki sirloin, fillet Mignon, Key West shrimp, chicken, and Memphis BBQ pork tenderloin. We cooked it (as we've done every time) in the Coq au Vin style which includes flavors of fresh herbs, mushrooms, garlic, spices and burgundy wine. We had potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms and squash to cook that way as well. They have all kinds of fantastic dipping sauces to try along with your meat and veggies!

AND THEN THE BEST PART! I would have licked the bowl if it wouldn't have embarrassed Ryan! The milk chocolate fondue with all the dippers...And when we were done, I believe there were only two marshmallows and one banana slice left on the plate!

We left stuffed and happy and thankful for a leisurely dinner and a chance to visit, eat and enjoy each other's company. I do think The Melting Pot will have a place in our relationship for a long, long time!



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. yum!!!

    you should totally go here (http://www.themeltingpotclubfondue.com/) and sign up--they send you coupons! I registered for Matt and my anniversary date and last week they emailed me one for dessert fondue for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have reservations to go to the melting pot this wednesday as part of austin restaurant week. i am so excited, i love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys look so cute :) the tetens go there all the time too--maybe we should try it?!?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to go there now! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummo... we are desperately needing a night out, and you've given me a great idea for the perfect place. There is something extra special about a sloooow succulent dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew & I have been wanting to go there for quite awhile. I hope we get to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm... I love me some Melting Pot. Do you ever "stuff" your mushrooms? Scott and I do that every time we go!! So good! (If you don't, I can teach you how to do it... you'll wish you'd been doing it FOR-E-VER!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe Josh will treat me there sometime! I've been asking for a loooooong time! :)

    ReplyDelete