Thursday, March 26, 2009

My sweet girl!

C is capturing our hearts more than EVER with her blossoming little personality. I wanted to write a few things down on here so I don’t forget how precious they are!

-Elmo is the coolest! She has a little Elmo doll that she calls, “Elmo-kay”. We’ve determined that she’s heard us and Nana say things like, “Let’s go find Elmo, okay?” or “We have to clean up before we watch Elmo, okay?” So his name has changed to “Elmo-kay”. We LOVE IT!

-At dinner, we hold hands and say the blessing. She loves holding our hands and then saying “AMEN” at the end. During dinner sometimes, she reaches for my hand (or R’s hand), bows her head and says “AMEN” again.

-This girl seriously loves fruit! She eats blueberries, strawberries and grapes like they are going out of style! She still likes to eat apple (or “appy” as she calls it) and mango. She’s a great eater! Last night she gobbled green beans faster than we could get them on her plate. She is also a huge fan of “i-keam” (ice cream) and ketchup!

-When we start to get her ready for bed, she’s started saying, “Night-night.”
-She is fantastic at making animal noises! She does pig, duck, moo-tow (cow), sheep, horse, monkey, kitty cat, doggie, and my favorite, DONKEY. She says “heeeee-haaaawwww”!

-Outside is absolutely her favorite place to be. She still loves her “side” (slide) and picking flowers. I think she would sit in a swing and let you push her for-ever. The other evening she fell asleep in the swing in our backyard! I guess she just got really relaxed!














-3 of her 4 one-year molars have come in, so that brings the grand teeth total to 11 so far.

-When we get home (or when they walk into the room) she says, “Hi Gabby! Hi Ollie!” [Side note: Gracie is Grace Ellen, so for short we call her Ollie!] She hasn’t quite mastered saying “Getchen” yet!

-We just got a season pass to the local zoo and she LOVES it! I have a feeling that we’ll be going on a regular basis! We were there last Friday and the birds and “pish” (fish) were her favorites.

-We read her a story out of a toddler Bible before bed every night. She knows the routine because she says “bibe-y?” The other night we read the story of the Prodigal Son and one of the pictures shows him after he had lost all of his money and was then taking care of pigs. Ever since that night C has insisted that we read that story again. She starts snorting when we open up the “bibe-y” and doesn’t stop until we’ve read that one and seen the pigs.

-In addition to the ones already mentioned words used regularly…Mommy, Daddy, baby, “Gam” (Gram), Mimi, Papa, Nana, Pop, “Kay-Ray” (Katie Ray), bye-bye, happy-day, no, "shes" (yes), more, tan-tou (thank you), OH BOY!, nose, mouth, eyes, ears, hair and BOO!

She turns 15 months tomorrow! A celebratory trip to the zoo may be in order!!

8 comments:

  1. Everything that you put in the blog brought a big smile to my face. She is absolutely precious!!!!

    Her Gam loves her very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KAY RAY! I love it... and I love her too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so sweet, Corrie. I LOVE those pink tenni-runners! Too cool! And, I just noticed she totally has your nose! All of a sudden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's precious! This is such a sweet age! Kim mentioned to me that she wished she could have gotten together with you, Nicki, and Kimberly P., but her visit was too short this time. Hopefully next time with could all get together for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can she come teach my little guy how to eat!?!?! What a doll she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute! This is my favorite post ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Corrie. I have been reading your blog for a little while but never left any comments. (i emailed you about adding me to read your blog when you went private) but anyways, I finally made a blog myself so I thought I would leave you a comment and invite you to read my blog now as well. Clara is absolutely ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post! Too sweet! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete