Sunday, July 12, 2009

11 weeks, 1 day



Hello, friends. I had R take the above picture just to document my first official maternity wear of this pregnancy THIS morning before church. It isn't that I necessarily need it yet, it is just that my regular clothes are so uncomfortable that they seem to compound the nausea. You can see the baby pooch pretty clearly though. Or as R said, I've just been drinking a lot of beer when he's not looking.

Several of you have asked for an update, so here goes...

-My emotional state has evened out--Thank the Lord! I guess my body is learning how to deal with the hormones. My moods aren't as "all over the place" as they had been previously, and I feel like I've been easier to live with the past few days.

-I am still dealing with bouts of nausea. If my clothes are too tight around my middle or I get really hot or I don't eat enough or I eat too much or I ride in the car for too long...etc. then I start to feel really sick. It doesn't really go away unless I sleep it off. That isn't always easy to do, but we're managing.

-Our house will be going on the market tomorrow. R and my dad worked like crazy on Saturday to do tasks around the house and get it ready to go. The shrubs and flowerbeds have never looked so pretty. I am so thankful that my dad was able to help R since I'm pretty useless in that department right now! We are not looking for another house until ours sells. That is R's rule and I'm trying my best to follow it!

-Sweet C is spending the week with my parents. We call it "Gammy Camp"! They are having a blast. This is going to give me and R time in the evenings to get the house clean and looking its very BEST! And we know she isn't missing us! Her newest cute thing that she asks for is "chocolate milk". We've finally figured out that m&ms are "chocolate milk" to her! So sweet!

-Other than that, we've just been trucking along. I'll be in my second trimester one week from today (yippee!) and I'm praying that I'll get a little energy back as well as for the nausea to go far, far away. I go to the doctor again the week after next, so I'll certainly post an update then.

Everyone have a GREAT week!!

4 comments:

  1. So I checked this last night and left a comment (so I thought) but either I am just losing it (highly probable) or I didn't hit the right button at the end. Anyway-the jist of it was how good you look-you're glowing and look so cute in your comfy maternity clothes. Glad "things" are going better -just hope the nausea goes away-it's no fun!!!! Let us know how posting the house goes!!!

    Love ya!
    danamarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey friend! I've been thinking of you so much in the last few days and was so happy to see an update on your blog! You look absolutely radiant, as always and I'm glad to hear things are getting back to normal as much as can be! I know you've got to be excited to get the house on the market and if we lived there, we would buy it right out from under you...I love that house! Anyway, I am hoping maybe we can see you guys sometime this summer...we are headed that direction sometime in the next month, so maybe we can plan that out!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear an update corie! you look so beautiful. our house is also on the market and i have the same rule. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so beautiful!! Love the pictures! Keep 'em coming!

    Also, we're making our blog private {again} but I lost my list of email addresses so I need yours. Could you stop by and leave a comment with your email address?? I won't publish it I'll just be able to see it via email.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete