Monday, July 6, 2009

We have NAMES! (sort of...)

Okay, so aside from all of the HUGE-life things we've had to consider since we got the news, we've also gotten to have a blast talking about names for two babies! I'm not the type to keep the names a secret until they are born, nor am I the type who will wait and "be surprised" by whether we've got boy/boy, boy/girl, or girl/girl.

My initials are CLS. C's initials are the same as mine. R's initials are RMS. It was my plan and goal to keep that up while continuing to incorporate special/family names as much as possible. These are the names we've pretty much set in stone.

If we have boy/girl...
Reid Michael: Reid because R loves Nolan Ryan, and I wouldn't go for the name Nolan, so his son is named Reid. Michael is R's brother's name. RMS.
Chandler Louise: Chandler because we both LOVE the name. Louise is my paternal grandmother's name. CLS.

If we have girl/girl...
In addition to Chandler Louise
Riley Marie: Riley is my maternal great-grandmother's maiden name AND my paternal grandfather's middle name. Marie is my maternal grandmother's middle name, my cousin's middle name, and BOTH of Ryan's grandmothers' middle name. RMS.

And if we have boy/boy...
In addition to Reid Michael
We aren't sure about this one. Hmmm.

Fun, fun, fun to think about them with names. It is continuing to get more and more real!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE you and LOVED seeing your family last night and sharing some guacomole with clara. she is a doll baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking the name choices especially Reid Michael! Good strong name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the other boy name...

    How about Running Man? Or Rocket Man?

    You can thank me later. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be fooled. Michael is for Michael Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the other boy name... what about Chandler Louis (rather than Louise)? I know you have it picked for a girl (which I LOVE by the way!) but it could be cute for boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was reading this and so confused as to why you were grouping the names the way you did! THEN I read down and realized you're having twins!!!!! I have been oot and missed the announcement! Congratulations!!!! I can't believe it! How exciting (and shocking!). This is such wonderful news, and I will pray for a healthy pregnancy and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Reid Michael. Ryan has always talked about naming his little boy Reid. I could have seen Mike and I using that name too once upon a time! Louise is also very special to me because it was my grandmother's middle name. You know, Kaylie was very close to being Kaylie Marie but we choose the female form of Michael which is Michelle instead. We decided we wanted her named after both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How FUN! Isn't the name game the best part? Way to focus on that for now. The big parts can wait.
    How are you feeling? Are you able to keep your nausea at bay with those early-morning Cheerios?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE those names ! And you know, one of my babies' middle names is Louise, so I'd say that's an especially good one, but really all of them are awesome! CAn't wait until you can know which names WILL be set in stone!

    ReplyDelete