Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Great Meltdown of 2009

Okay, so it happened. What I first defined as a breakdown was later deemed a meltdown by the professional opinion of none other than my dad!


Up until last Thursday I hadn’t shed a tear of any kind after learning that our family was going to be growing larger than we expected. On Thursday evening, our sweet realtor came over and we filled out ALL the paperwork to get our house listed and on the market. R and I had worked super hard to get everything picture-ready and the house looked fabulous!




After she left and I started to get ready for bed, I began to feel the tears creeping in. I tried to ignore them, but alas, they didn’t go away! And once they started, it took a while for them to stop. They weren’t tears of sadness. They were more tears of anxiety and stress and just a complete feeling of being overwhelmed…Everything hit me all at once.




R tried his best to console me, but I really just needed a good cry. Things looked better Friday morning when I headed to pick up C at Gammy-Camp! R said he didn’t do a lot of sleeping on Thursday night because he was worried about me. In his state of unrest he came up with a new plan. After sharing his plan with me, we’ve decided to move forward with it. Here is the outline…




1. Our house was taken off the market.
2. We’re turning the former guest room into the twins’ room.
3. We’re turning the former computer room into a play room with a couch that folds out into a sleeper sofa. (This means that my living room will no longer be the unofficial play room! Yay!)
4. We’re having a large garage sale this weekend to get rid of superfluous items and furniture. The proceeds will go to the play room fund!
5. We’re having the back porch screened in and adding a dog door. This will be where the schnauzers sleep!
6. We’re buying a shed to have in the backyard that will house our lawn and garden goods so that both vehicles will fit in the garage.


So, all those plans make for much less stress for me. I’m actually very excited now about decorating the twins’ room and setting up the play room! Excitement is a much better feeling than anxiety and worry!




I began my 2nd trimester on Saturday (woo-hoo!) and will be going to the doctor on Thursday. I’ve got a list of questions waiting to go. He got off the hook easy last time since I was too stunned to have any questions!




Thanks, as always, for your encouragement through this journey! And here are the obligatory pictures of CLS taken on Saturday at my mom and dad’s house!


"Hello donkey! Hee-haaaawww!"


Up close and personal with 6 goats, 1 donkey and 1 llama--and not scared one bit!


10 comments:

  1. i think that is a fabulous, well thought out plan. good for the both of you for working with what you have and what you can handle instead of letting life overwhelm you. yes, your family is growing but so is your love, your creativity, and your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great plan! Hope everything falls into place for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the plan, too. Let's be sure that the couch in the play room is a comfy one.....can't wait.
    Love,
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome! I remember the very first time I met you at UHS for a training on TAKS grading...YUCK (the training, not you..lol) you had EVERYTHING under control...even though you had to train us in the pricipal's office!

    You've got this! God doesn't make mistakes! I feel less stressed with your new plan already! Can't wait to see the new rooms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Corrie Lynn! What a wonderful husband that God has blessed you with! I hope that you know you are very fortunate to have such a caring, loving husband. I will helpyou out any way that I can, maybe even a "Hi Tye" camp in Waco or Justin. I love you all!

    Love,
    Aunt Tye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice to have a plan that you can live with and be excited about? Way to go, Ryan, for stepping up and interceding on behalf of your pregnant wife.
    I LOVE home improvement and renovations and remodelling, and I cannot wait to see what you guys do with the new rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you work together and serve to meet each other's needs the way you and Ryan did on this one... it just goes to show how perfectly fine you will be when the twins come. Keep doing what you're doing Corrie, and keep trusting God will give you everything you need along the way! You guys are doing a great job-thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm glad you are feeling better. i'll say a little prayer for you right now!

    can't wait to see how everything turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plans are awesome! Loving husbands are priceless!! I'm glad that you have both to help you through all the changes that are happening in your life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yaaaaaaaay! no rush and WOW you guys came up with some great solutions in a short amount of time! you will have freakouts through out--sometimes you just need to get a good cry in!!
    love you.

    ReplyDelete