Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween 2009 didn’t go exactly as I had hoped it would. I have a bit of a stubborn (and yet completely precious) almost-two year old on my hands. She must get that from her father. I digress.

She loves picking “flowders” so we decided that she’d be a pretty pink “flowder” for Halloween. Gammy made a precious collar with shimmery petals that C could wear, and we got her a pink t-shirt and green leggings. I knew she wouldn’t be willing to wear anything on her head, so the elaborate costume was out of the question. Also, like me, she doesn’t like to be hot, so a “suit” of any kind wouldn’t have worked either.
I will let the pictures tell most of the story…

R trying to convince her to put on the “flowder” collar so she could go get candy. Eventually she got mad because I was taking her picture! She would wail if we got the petal collar anywhere near her.

Big, pregnant mommie decides to wear the “flowder” petals for our trick-or-treating adventure. About 4 houses down the block, I snuck up behind her and tied the petal collar around her waist. She looked down and squealed with delight, “I have costume! Woo-woo!” She pranced around for the rest of the evening thrilled with her costume. *Heavy sigh!*

We let her enjoy as much "cany" as she wanted, so she had a mini Hershey bar, a sucker, some sweet tarts and some M&Ms. Needless to say, she was sugared-up! She had the best time entertaining her guests (Mimi, Papa, Uncle Mikey, Aunt Teesa, Kaylie, Matthew, and Gammy) and running around like a banshee!
OH it is amazing how much I LOVE my little "flowder"!

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute story! I don't know how we lucked out, but Owen was into the trick-or-treating thing from the word "go." I was worried it could be bad.

    I'm glad miss C finally liked her costume. And you're a better mom than me, I ate all of Owen's candy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our two are little peas in the same pod for sure. For your exact reasons, Hannah went in a "non-costume" as her cousins called it.

    C's flowder is precious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! Corrie she is so cute! can't wait to meet those precious boys. If you EVER need any help....let me know! I would be happy to help!

    ReplyDelete