Tuesday, December 15, 2009

3-0

A few weeks ago on "CBS Sunday Morning," Tom Petty (of all people) said something that sums up exactly how I feel about turning 30. He said,

"If you're not getting older, you're dead."

You'll never hear me complain about turning 30 (or 40 or 50...) because if I'm blessed enough to reach those ages it means I'm still alive and kicking! :)

Today has been a fantastic birthday! I woke up about 6:45 to hear little footsteps coming into our bedroom. C-Bear climbed up in to bed to snuggle with me and watch a video and drink her milk. I got great birthday kisses from C and R before they went off to start the day. I didn't work today so I got to leisurely pick up the house and do laundry. I told several folks that I was resting and nesting today! I did some work in the boys' room and washed their first load of "Dreft" laundry. That stuff smells so good! I had lunch with R and a big glass of sweet tea! I napped this afternoon with the schnauzers and then had a fantastic dinner with C, R, Kenny & Julia at Texas Roadhouse. The day ended when we put C to bed just a few minutes ago and when she was saying her prayers she thanked God for "mommy's happy birthday cake." What a sweetheart!!

I felt so loved by all of the calls, cards, text messages and FB posts I got today. Y'all sure know how to make a girl feel special!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got my text today! I thought about you off and on the whole day! I'm glad your day was as special as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it was such a good day!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete