Friday, December 25, 2009

It's been a long December...

Man alive, it truly has been a LONG December! With no less than 4 Christmas celebrations (so far!), shopping, R taking finals and graduating, weekly doctor's appointments, decorating, traveling (shh, don't tell!), my 30th birthday, getting ready for C's 2nd birthday party, 3 baby showers (and trying to write high-quality thank you notes!), getting organized for the boys, and trying to keep those 2 boys growing strong inside my body, I'm EXHAUSTED! It doesn't help that I've also had some insomnia as of late.

I changed the baby ticker on the side to indicate how many days until my scheduled c-section. Less than 3 weeks. Unreal! I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and I plan to post an updated belly shot so you can all see the stretch marks that have taken over my tummy. I've been a devoted "Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion" user since the beginning, but I guess there's only so much it can do! I guess my string bikini is going away and never coming back out again. Oh well! (HA!) A small price to pay! This evening the boys were especially active, and R put both of his hands on my belly. I got tears in my eyes when they started kicking his hands simultaneously. It was like they knew it was their daddy and they wanted to say hello! People ask me all the time if it is lots different being pregnant with twins as opposed to one. The movement is the biggest difference to me. I can literally feel both boys moving around on different parts of my belly and sometimes simultaneously. I also know which side they each reside on so I can tell who is resting and who is kicking!

Here are just a few pictures from the month's festivities. I still have lots to upload and edit from C's Christmas and the boys' room is really and truly almost ready for unveiling!

Here's the handsome graduate and his very pregnant wife! He managed to complete his Master's while being a devoted husband, daddy and worker. I am so proud of him!
R with his very proud mom and dad.Our little family at my 30th birthday dinner at Macaroni Grill! YUM! I think my mom took this picture and she gets kudos for capturing a smile from C!

Me and the sweet husband. That weekend in particular consisted of one family Christmas celebration (Friday evening), his graduation (Saturday), traveling south, a baby shower, AND my birthday dinner. Needless to say, we do look a little tired!

I love hearing from you guys. Your encouragement means the world to me as I try to remain upbeat these last tough weeks of pregnancy! I'm not complaining, and I hope it never appears that way. Just being real. I am blessed!

5 comments:

  1. Corrie,
    I have never commented before. I have followed you blog for a while. Not even sure how I found it orginally. Reading other folks blogs became a favorite past time during my husband's deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. It kept my mind occupied late at night when I couldn't sleep and was worried. I just wanted you to know I have enjoyed following your pregnancy. Thanks for sharing and allowing us to follow your journey. I will pray for a safe delivery and easy transition as you begin your journey as a family of 5!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the sweet pics and update. Getting excited for the upcoming arrivals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the pics of the nursery! You're doing great Corrie! In my opinion, you've handled this blessing with grace, and a gret outlook!!! Hang in there...you're almost finished! Merry Christmas! ~Jarvis

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAy, yay, yay! I love new updates! Looks like you guys have stayed busy which is good...makes the time go faster towards seeing those big boys soon! EEK!!!! I can't believe it is less than 3 weeks away! I know you're ready and we're all ready to meet them! I'm going to make a weekend trip to Waco just to visit after the boys are born (and if Rich comes with me, I know he will want to play golf with R)!

    Happy New Year, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you 5!!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers every single day... :) You look incredible!

    ReplyDelete