Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We're still here!

Howdy friends! I hope that you are all well and getting in the Christmas Spirit! We are rocking and rolling around here. I thought I'd do a brief update and incorporate some recent pictures for fun! I'm having trouble moving the pictures around the way I want, so they will be kind of random!

I went to the doctor this past Friday. He didn't have much to say other than I'm doing "great"! I told him that I was feeling really exhausted and getting out of breath easily and he said, 'Welcome to the third trimester carrying twins!" He wasn't being insensitive, just stating the facts. I was able to get my H1N1 vaccination for which I am very thankful. They checked my cervix via ultrasound and it looked good. Fluid on the boys also looked great. The fluid doesn't surprise me since I'm drinking water like CRAZY! I know I drink close to a gallon a day! I'm carrying the boys' own portable swimming pool at all times! I hadn't been to the doctor in 3 weeks and in those weeks I gained 8 pounds. I don't know what my grand total is so far, but I know it is LESS than I gained when pregnant with C!

This picture was taken on Sunday at 32 weeks + 1 day! Look at that belly!! I go again this coming Friday and will get a growth scan! My bets are on each boy weighing over 4 1/2 pounds! We will see!

Princess C has decided that wearing a shirt is completely over-rated. We've been trying to compromise about what is acceptable in public and at home. She's such a funny girl! She is loving looking at the Christmas ornaments we strategically placed at her eye level! She asks for the Christmas tree lights to be turned on as soon as we get home.
She also had a nagging cough and snot that had been hanging on for about two weeks, so last week I took her to the doctor to find she had an upper-respiratory infection. We've been treating with antibiotics for 5 days now and she's cleared up GREAT!

She got a bath-time barbie for Christmas from an aunt recently and has enjoyed playing with 0her in the bathtub. R taught her that the barbie's name is "Tanya" and he also made "Tanya" into a high-diver in the bathtub. After "Tanya" dives from the upper platform (aka the washcloth bar) we all have to clap our hands and say "Yaaaayyy Tanya!" With R and C around I'm never at a loss for laughs!

With everything we've had going on lately, C's nap and sleep schedule has been a little "off"! I'm pretty strict with that sort of thing, but some flexibility has been necessary, and she is old enough for a little bend in the schedule. Well, she was in the playroom on Sunday morning while I was cleaning up and getting ready. She was watching "Little Einsteins" and when I poked my head in to check on her, this is what I found! I wanted to badly to go cuddle up next to her and nap, but I didn't want to squish her or break the chair! Isn't she angelic? Such a sweet and precious girl! She has my heart!

Some sweet friends gave me and the boys a fun baby shower this past Sunday. We were blessed by all in attendance! Below is me with one of my FAVORITE gifts. The picture is of my grandaddy (Freddie Layne) and his twin brother (Eddie Wayne) dressed in their Sunday best! The picture was taken sometime in the early to mid-1930's. My grandaddy made the frame which makes it even more special. It will be prominently and proudly displayed on the wall in the boys' room! (BTW, we're waiting on one last thing before I take pics of the entire room and post them! I can't wait for you all to see!!)
And our very, VERY exciting news is that R will be graduating with his Master's on Saturday! YES, this Saturday! I'm so proud and excited and just look forward to the opportunities this new degree will afford him! I'll try and take pictures of the conquering graduate in his regalia on Saturday. He asked if he had to wear anything under his gown. I told him that it isn't necessary for undergrad, but I think that they expect more from graduate students! HA!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see an update! I've been thinking about you guys. And, gosh you look great! I'm so sorry you're feeling uncomfortable, but I know you're grateful to still be carrying those sweet boys.

    Can't wait to see the nursery. So fun. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, you look so beautiful, my dear! WOW! I can't believe this pregnancy is already 32 weeks along! Thanks for the comment on my blog and I must profusely apologize for not rsvp-ing for the shower. I had every intention to do so and that is just NOT me (my Momma taught me better than that)! The invite was shoved into a pile by my dear hubby and then moved from the bar area in the kitchen into a bag he was going through of mail and old paperwork. So, as they say, out of sight out of mind. I will have to email Nicki and apologize to her, as well.

    I would love nothing more than to hug your neck! I do think about you and your growing little family all the time! I just can't wait to see the nursery and sooner than you think, those precious baby boys!

    Hugs and kisses and lots of love from the Panhandle where its very cold and icy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun, neat gift! can't wait to see that room!! oh, by the way....you look AMAZING!!! Seriously, you sure there are twins in there?

    ReplyDelete