Monday, December 21, 2009

Update!!

Whoa, I know an update is seriously overdue. My two readers are worried! :)

I went to the doctor on Friday at 33 weeks and 6 days. Still have a ton of cervix (They think it is really funny to tell me that I could be a "cervix donor"...I don't think it it that funny!) All of that to say, the boys are still in there as happy as can be. Reid is head down and facing the back and Chase is head up facing the front. The Friday before I had a growth scan and their measurements gave us these weights: Reid, 4 pounds 11 oz. and Chase, 5 pounds 2 oz. This week I got the doctor to officially set a date for my c-section (if I haven't gone in to labor before then!) The date will be January 14th! The boys will have the same birthday as their Aunt Audrey! SO as of today (Monday, December 21, 2009) I've got 23 days to go!! Yahoo! I haven't had any real signs of labor and I never went into labor when C was born, so I'm pretty much guessing the boys will be born on January 14th (at 37 weeks and 6 days!) Holy smokes! I'm going to put a countdown ticker on the blog somewhere.
The reason I haven't had a chance to post since I went to the doctor on Friday is because I got the most AMAZING surprise on Friday evening. R told me that he and my parents had gone in together to buy my birthday present. He also told me that it woulnd't be here for my birthday because of a problem with the shipping. When we left home on Friday to head to Georgetown, he went back in the house and got a large gift bag and put it in the van. He told me I couldn't open it until both my mom and dad were there since they were in on it too. We got to Georgetown and my mom went in to a long story about how MAD she was at my dad. We were supposed to all go and eat dinner together but she told me that my dad had gone to Austin to buy a sander that he'd purchased on Craig's List and that he would be late to dinner. I totally bought the story because it sounded kind of like something my dad would do. I suspected NOTHING. While we were eating our salad, my dad walked into the restaurant. My mom was still acting mad at him (she even told the waitress that he was paying for his own meal!) Still, I suspected nothing. About 3 minutes after my dad came in, I looked up and saw my very best friend, Audrey, walking toward our table!

For my 30th birthday present, my sweet husband and my wonderful parents had flown my best friend across the country for a weekend of fun with me! It was a fantastic surprise! (And, my dad did not buy a sander off Craig's List...he was picking Audrey up at the airport!) We did lots of talking and laughing and some shopping too. My "condition" limits my stamina, but I think I did okay. Audrey requested a trip to Rudy's so we took care of that.

I didn't take any other pictures, but Audrey got one at our dinner on Sunday evening. We got to enjoy pedicures and plenty of bonding time for Aunt Audrey and C. It is so cool how it seems almost like C can sense how much I love Audrey and therefore she loves her too.

Audrey flew out this morning and I basically slept ALL DAY LONG after she left! I got up at 6:30 to help her pack and get on the road. She and my dad left around 7:15 for the airport. I fell back asleep by around 9:00 and didn't wake up again until 11:30. I got up and had lunch with mom and C and went back to sleep from 1:00-3:15. I guess I didn't realize how exhausted I was. I think I'll also sleep good tonight too! I think the boys are sapping me DRY on the energy! Not really a good time of year to be low on energy! Thank goodness for the help my mom is with C! I couldn't do it without her!

I have other exciting things to post about...Ryan's graduation from graduate school, C's Christmas here (and her new kitchen from her Gammy & Pops), and the much anticipated pics of the boys' room...BUT those will have to wait for now!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how sweet! I read all about your surprise through teary (okay, hormonal and pregnant) eyes. Isn't 30 great?! I told Chris to forget celebrating my 29th from here on out. My 29th birthday wasn't nearly as amazing as my 30th!
    Yay for husbands and parents who make us thankful for another birthday, even when it means a new decade.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that I read your blog too! ;) I'm Christy's little sister--we met once at A&M several years ago I think! Congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so AWESOME of your parents and R. What a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAD SO MUCH FUN! The best 30th birthday present for both of us. Thank you, Ms. Susan, Jimmy, and Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing weekend! So glad you had a great time with your best friend.

    I am so happy to hear the wonderful update-God is so good! We continue to pray for the boys and you!

    ReplyDelete