Monday, September 14, 2009

(Over) Halfway There!

Well, folks Saturday marked 20 weeks pregnant for me! Everything I’ve read says average for twins is 36 weeks, but I’m shooting for AT LEAST 37. I want some big, strapping boys! Even so, it is doubtful that I’ll make it to 40 weeks which is why the title of this post is “(Over) Halfway There!” This picture was taken this morning at 20 weeks and 2 days.After about 12 weeks I got a reprieve from having to get up in the night to go to the bathroom. Well, that is over for now. Also, my extreme hunger has returned. These boys are hungry!!

Mom, C and I went shopping this weekend for the bedding fabric for the boys’ room. I’m pleased with what we got. I knew I wanted some red, navy and khaki PLUS I wanted some corduroy. Mom promises she’s up for the task of making bumpers, dust ruffles for two cribs! Here are some swatches of the fabrics we ended up with.
We also ordered the cribs, and they should arrive sometime in late September. They are convertible only to a toddler bed, so they are a little smaller than most. That is what we were going for since they’ll both be in the same room! They are chocolate wood finish.

And Sweet C! This girl has my heart wrapped around her little finger. Here is a picture of her from this weekend throwing money in the “mountain” (fountain) at the outlet mall. She cracked me up with something she said, so I must share. We’ve been talking to her lots about all the things God made. God made the rain, God made the flowers, God made the animals, etc. On Saturday morning, she smelled kind of ripe, so I said, “Clara, who made a poopy?” She quickly replied, “Gawd!”
And here she is doing one of her FAVORITE activities…chalking! Can you see the excitement on her face? And the major curly bed-head? She is her daddy’s child!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh this afternoon. Oh, C is so, so sweet. =)

    And I LOVE the fabric for the boys. It's precious. I can't wait to see the finished product. I know your mom is just having a blast making everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corie you look beautiful! And I love the fabric choices. Loved that part of preparing for our little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like we have an "artist" in the making! Clara is sooooo fun! I really like the colors that you picked out! I know that R and C will love them! Gami will get it done and it will all look beautiful!

    Love to you all!
    Hi Tye

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just pulled up your blog and tristan pointed to it and said, "hey, they are having twins!" isn't that funny?

    ps...you are tiny.

    ReplyDelete