Tuesday, September 8, 2009

**UPDATE**: Did NOT go well AT ALL! After letting her cry hysterically for over an hour, Ryan dug the bag of pacis out of the trashcan. I just can't handle seeing her so upset over something so relatively insignificant. Odds are she's going to have braces someday anyway. Odds also are that she'll outgrow her paci before she goes to Kindergarten. I'm trying to give myself (and her) a little slack!

Pray for us, friends. Operation "No More Paci" comences tonight at 8:00 p.m. We're going cold turkey. The whole bag is going in the trash and the monitor is being turned off. It has to happen. R and I are both feeling strong enough to do this. She's just gotten obsessively attached to it, and it must end.

(So I was TOTALLY serious about the "pray for us" part!)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I will DEFINITELY be praying. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for all 3 of you. It won't take her long. C loves her sleepy time like her Mommy. Glad that you have this week off with her. The more you can conquer now, the better off you'll be! Keeping up with pacifiers for 3 isn't something that you will want to deal with. Who knows, the twins may not even like pacifiers. Keep us posted and stay tough!! We can bring out the truck tomorrow night if you need us to. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray with me Forrest pray with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did the right thing. There are some times in parenting when you need to just put your foot down. And there are other times when you show grace. Good call Mom and Dad! I think I would have been digging the pacy out of the trash too. :-) If it makes you feel better, Benjamin (who turned 2 in May) still uses his pacy at bed time. When Elizabeth was 2 1/2, I went cold turkey on her with the pacy and she quit napping. That plan back fired! So I'm very scared to try with Benjamin any time soon. Like you said, odds are they'll end up in braces any way (and most pacies are ortho approved now!) and they won't go to kinder with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've NEVER seen a kid in kinder with a paci or a diaper (for future reference). Don't sweat it. They grow up, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete