Sunday, September 6, 2009

Walker & Texas Ranger

Although in Ryan's guest-post he called the boys "Hans" and "Franz", he's decided he wants to change their names to "Walker" and "Texas Ranger" as kind of a tribute to one of his heroes, Ricky Bobby! Oh, the man certainly keeps me laughing!!


Our scanner is having some issues right now, so I can't post any actual pictures of the boys. Boo! Reid is Baby A which means he's closest to my cervix and will more than likely be the first one born. He's the first one we saw during the sonogram. The tech flashed over his boy-parts, and I saw them, but I think she wanted another look before she announced it to the room. You should have seen the high-fives going between my parents and Ryan. It was at that point that Ryan got up from his seat and he didn't sit down again for the rest of the sonogram. The tech went over to Baby B next. I had just told her that we already had a 20 month old baby girl when she said, "Well, it looks like you've got two boys this time!" And with those words we learned we had Chase instead of Chandler in there!


Once she finished up and did all the measurements and made sure both boys looked good and checked out, I was more relieved about that than I was about determining the gender. I was really, really just excited for Ryan to have sons. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have two boys! C can still be my Princess and rule the roost! The boys can torment and protect her depending on the situation! He he! The best news is that both boys weigh exactly 9 oz. so one isn't "taking" more than his fair share right now. The doctor said there was 0% discrepancy in their size. My cervix is also really long (?) which I am told is another good thing. My BP and weight are good. I'm up to 10 pounds total and feeling pretty darn good!


Here's the scene in the room once the sonogram wrapped up...Ryan and I are each holding a pack of blue Orbit gum. He had two pink packs in his pocket. We were so glad that my mom and dad got to be there for the exciting news!


[As soon as the scanner starts working again, I'll post some pics of the boys!]


And in other news, we are officially minivan owners as of this afternoon. We spend ALL DAY yesterday driving around D/FW dealing with some slimy used car salesmen (gag!!) but ultimately decided on going with a van we test drove in Temple earlier in the week. We're so pleased! It is a 2007 Toyota Sienna. The previous owner took excellent care of it and we plan on keeping that up! C LOVES being so high up! She's constantly searching for horses and cows out the window now! We're going to have a DVD player installed within the next couple of weeks. Ryan feels like it is a must for a family with 3 kids. I just say, whatever!


Here I am before I drove it off the lot this afternoon. They had it all nice and detailed for us, and I enjoyed driving it this evening!


So that's it, folks. We're happy to be all under the same roof tonight. C has been with my Aunt and Grandparents in D/FW all week. We missed her like crazy, and we're pretty sure she missed us too. One of her new(er) cute things is this...When we say, "Who made the flowers?" she says, "Gawd!" Her little twang is about the sweetest thing ever! We've also been working on saying "baby brudders"!

Hope you all have a restful Labor Day! Hugs to each of you!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having 2 sons!!!!
    I love Ryan's hans and frans nicknames btw!!!
    You look great and not even big enough to be preggers with one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!!! and girl---YES!!!! THE DVD PLAYER IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!!!! best thing EVER -when we turned our kiddos around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! I am SO happy for you guys and I love their names. You will love your minivan and I agree with Ryan, the DVD player is a must. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete