Saturday, January 9, 2010

Making my list and checking it twice...

No, no, not that kind of list. Christmas is over. This is my "List of Things To Do Before the Boys Arrive"! I thought I'd let you guys know how I'm doing on it! (And these are in no particular order!)

1. Finish writing all of the thank you notes for baby gifts received to this point.
Done. Just stamped and sealed the last one. I know I'll have more to write after the boys come, but at least I'm caught up.

2. Finish writing all of the thank you notes from C's birthday.
Done. And BTW, I was very proud of myself for being so thrifty on this one. I ordered her invites and it was a 25 minimum order. I'm pretty sure we sent out less than 10 since we just had family in attendance, so I wrote the thank-yous on the backs of the extra invitations.

3. Pack for the hospital.
Done. I did it on Friday morning before I went to the doctor and took the bag with me just in case I needed it. I've had to take a few things out that I'll have to put back before we go for the real-deal on Thursday, but the majority is done. I even bought snacks for me and R and have them bagged up and ready to go. I also have a small bag packed for the boys with their coming-home outfits and monogrammed caps inside. I also wrapped the gift the boys will give C when she comes to meet them at the hospital and have that ready to go. I have the gifts she will bring to them, but I don't think I'll bother with wrapping. They won't care!

4. Re-read "On Becoming Babywise".
Working on it. I've done about 1/3 and it is all coming back to me. I hope to read a little more early in the week so I'm all brushed up!

5. Get a haircut.
Going on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Don't want the boys to meet me with shaggy hair!

6. Shave my legs.
Done, but will probably need to be done again before Thursday. Just in case you are wondering why this is even on the list, it is because it is SUCH an ordeal for me to shave. I can't do it in the shower (no balance) so I have to sit in the tub. WELL the problem with that is that I can't get out of the tub on my own, so R has to be home when I do it so he can help me get up and out!

7. Make arrangements for C.
This is kind of half done and half undone. She is going to spend the night with R's parents on Wednesday night and then they are going to drop her off at Nana's on their way to the hospital on Thursday morning. Our goal is to keep her "routine" as close to normal as possible. I'm pretty sure I want her to wait until Friday morning to come up to the hospital and meet her brothers because by then they will have removed all of my IVs and she won't be scared. I'm not sure who will keep her on Thursday night. I'm not sure I want to make that decision. I just want to do what is easiest and less stressful for HER! I think I'm going to put R in charge of making the arrangements.

8. Get a mani/pedi.
Yes, this sounds silly, but I got a gift certificate for my birthday and I know it will be a while before I'm able to use it again. I got a pedi the day before C was born, so I plan to do this on Wednesday morning! When C was born I got PINK toes, so I think I'll go with RED this time!

9. Write C's two-year old letter for her baby book and write a "night before you were born" letter to each of the boys.
C's letter will hopefully get done sooner now that the thank-you notes aren't filling my evening time. I will write the boys' letters on Wednesday evening after we drop C off at R's parents' house. I'm doubting sleep will come easy that night anyway, and this plan will give me something productive to do!

This list is kind of the way I'm coping with all of the unknowns that will hit me within the next week. I've got some nerves about the surgery and the actual birth. I've got some nerves about the recovery. I've CERTAINLY got nerves about bringing TWO newborns home from the hospital. I'm nervous about how C will react to her two new baby brothers. I'm nervous about how short-term pumping for twins is going to work for me.

We're going to take things one day (one hour? one moment?) at a time and try to enjoy each and every piece of the adventure since these are the last babies we'll have at our house! I pray that God will continue to calm my heart and my nerves as I continue to place my trust in Him!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck, my friend! I am thinking of you and praying for you. xxxxooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt in my mind you'll handle this beautifully! And remember, when you feel like you don't have everything under control, just relax - you don't. God does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl, you are so organized! I am so impressed. Way to finish all the thank you notes and get everything ready for this week.

    I am praying for you so much, Corrie! God has already gone before you this week and prepared the way...He will be with you for every step--the surgery, the feedings, introducing C, taking them home...I pray His peace will cover you and His strength will fill you. What an exciting time for your precious family! Love to you all from the Watsons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are going to do awesome bringing home two sweet boys. i got to bring one home myself about 4 months ago (and had his big sister already there) and have loved every minute of boy... can't imagine how doubly great it would be with two little men!
    and i write letters to my kids too on their birthdays... got some for sydney, have grand plans to write one for austin about his birth. really hoping to get jason on board to write his letters though... think it would be much cooler to get letters from your dad as a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I can't believe it's just days away! Hang in there, sweet Corrie. We're praying for you extra hard this week. I would have the same anxiety, but I know you will be great. I can't wait to see those sweet boys!

    By the way, we've been praying for Reid and Chase, and Hannah is so sweet. She calls them "Tace n Weed." =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about you and am so excited!! I'll keep y'all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Corrie- I have checked no less than a million times for pictures of those precious boys! I am praying for you and your family :) The Lord is so good to us Praying for a quick recovery and joy in your family.

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete