Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas at Gammy & Pops'!

We had a very Merry Christmas at Gammy & Pops' house the same weekend Aunt Audrey came to town. When we arrived on Friday evening, the men of the house worked really hard to get C's surprise from Santa put together. When I see this picture, I can only ask, "How many Aggies does it take to put together a kiddie kitchen?"

After the mechanical engineer, Aunt Audrey helped finish the job the answer would be 3 Aggies and 1 honorary Aggie (since he paid for my brother and I to be Aggies!) Obviously you can see the large amount of schnauzer help as well.

It was ALL worth it the next morning when C discovered her "chichen"! She L-O-V-E-S it! She puts all of her play food in the washing machine, then moves it to the dishwasher, then to the oven and then to the microwave. She has had the most fun pretending and cooking for us. We brought it back to our house and it is now a fixture in the playroom. She says, "Want to play chichen, mommy?" which means I sit in one of her little chairs and she serves me ALL of the play food she can find!
A stocking stuffer treat that gave lots of smiles was a big box of Raisinettes. How can I tell her no? I mean, they are a fruit, right? We actually found some random Raisinettes in the "chichen" washing machine along with a pair of her shoes and a sippy cup of juice!


This picture was taken later in the morning after we had all gotten dressed. C loves playing with blocks and leggos and building "tall, tall towers" and I included this picture because of her sweet smile. She isn't a fan of looking at the camera and smiling lately, so we'll just take what we can get!
It was a fantastic and full weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment