Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Perspective, A Princess & A Party!

Perspective...
Have you seen on the ticker that we've crossed into single digits? WHOA! Very exciting! As time for the boys' arrival draws nearer well-meaning people have made some comments that have got me thinking!

"Enjoy these last few days with just you and R and C..."

"Life as you know it is about to really change! Enjoy these last few days..."

"Your family size is almost doubling in a few days. Enjoy it now while you can..."

What's funny is that probably some of the same well-meaning people made similar comments the week before C was born. Back then, the comments REALLY freaked me out. I thought, "OH MY GOSH, is life going to be over when she's born? Why do people keep saying that to me?" I may have even panicked a little bit!

Luckily, this time I have some more perspective. I know that our life DID change after C was born and that it 100% changed for the better. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to go back to "life" before C. I don't think back on the days before she was a part of our life and want for them. On the contrary, it is hard for me to even remember a time when she wasn't the joy of our family.

And I know it is going to be the same way with the boys joining us soon. It will be hard for us to remember a time when they weren't with us. We won't long for the days when they weren't a part of our family. They are going to add another layer of depth and love and richness to our already blessed family. We couldn't be more excited!!!

A Party...
I had to share a couple of pictures from C's second birthday party! Gammy made her precious cupcake dress and we formed the party "theme" around it! She was in a fantastic humor for the entire party and loved being the center of attention. Thanks to Uncle Mike & Aunt Teresa for hosting the party at their house!

Hands-down, her favorite gift was her BACKPACK! As soon as she opened it, I told her it was a backpack like Dora's and she was SOLD! She loves it and wants to wear it all the time! You can see in the second picture that she also got a coordinating lunchbox! She's got both of them filled with all kinds of treasures!


You can see in this picture that she was a HUGE fan of the cupcakes and the frosting! At her first birthday last year, she couldn't get past having a little frosting on her fingers in order to actually enjoy the cake. She's certainly gotten over that issue!

Another one of her favorite gifts was a treasure-trove of princess jewels and dress-up clothes! I mean, what little girly-girl isn't wowed by some bling? She had me wear the crown while she did her "magic" with her wand. I LOVED being able to be right in the middle of the action and helping her open all of her gifts. She was so excited about everything!

A Princess...
Once we got home from the party, ALL the dress-up clothes came out! She prissed around the house and even insisted on wearing the hat! Here's the "princess face" too!

And just for anyone worried about this princess getting de-throned in 9 days, I want to give you all the assurances I can muster...You've got NOTHING to worry about! She's got her daddy wrapped so tightly around her little finger (okay, and probably her mommie too!) that although she'll have some adjustments to make, she's still going to ALWAYS be our Princess!!

5 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest pictures. I'm so glad she had a good birthday. She is too cute. All girls love to play dress up. you just wait - it gets a lot more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add Gammy and Pop to the "wrapped around her finger" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so funny when people say stuff :) B and I always talk about how this is our life and we LOVE it just the way it is!!! Kids change it but make it better. Harder. Funnier. More stressful. Delightful. It's all perfect. Love you and cannot wait to meet the gems!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate on the well-meaning comments...I love your perspective and am adopting it myself! Life isn't over when the twins arrive; a new exciting season of life is just beginning. And how amazing it will be!

    What a precious princess C with her mommy! Love those pics of you two together. And might I add how impressed I am that you are sitting on the floor? Way to go, twin mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! I absolutely LOVE the cupcake dress! I'm so glad my mom will be retired by the time we have any children so maybe she will get busy sewing sweet outfits like C's Gammy does.

    I just read your comment on my blog, too. Yes, not being able to share books back and forth is a bit of a drawback with the Kindle. I agree. But, if you know someone who has one too, you could each read for a year and then SWITCH! :)

    I haven't read Very Valentine yet. Started it, but didn't finish. It was a crazy time in my life. Our librarian has it here at the HS in the library so I will definitely read it before the sequel comes out. I JUST read Viola in Reel Life. Amy gave it to me and gave Alicia a copy of A Little Bit Wicked and then had us switch when we were finished with them. What a great idea, huh? Anyway, I did enjoy it. Not my fav. of AT's, but it was a good, easy read and interesting.

    I just ordered some PRECIOUS little outfits for R & C (the twins, not your husband and daughter...hee hee). Can't wait for them to come in and then to send them on to you! YAY!

    ReplyDelete