Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flu Shot Finale!

I promise this will be my very last post about the flu shot issue. The way things ended is just too good not to share, though!

I posted yesterday about finally giving up on my quest to find a preservative-free seasonal flu vaccination for myself. A friend’s mom had offered to save a vaccine for me and administer it, but it was going to be the regular kind and not preservative-free. After talking about it with Ryan, praying about it and weighing the pros and cons, we decided it would be wisest for me to just get the regular shot.

I felt really peaceful about the decision as I waited for my 3:00 appointment to get the shot. I knew that God was bigger than any shot and was much bigger than any issue that getting the shot might cause.

Well, when I walked into the office a little after 3:00, I was greeted with the news that the single-dose syringe that had been saved back for me WAS in fact the preservative-free kind! I couldn’t believe my ears! After I got the shot and walked back to my car, I stopped for a few minutes to think about what had just happened…

God had asked me to trust HIM. Not science, not “my gut”, not my own misgivings, and not statistics. When I stepped out on that faith in Him alone, He provided in ways beyond all of my expectations! He didn’t want the “victory” to be mine in this situation. He didn’t want me to be given credit for “finding” the preservative-free vaccine. He wanted me to trust Him…vaccine with preservative or vaccine without preservative. When I finally let go and was willing to do that, He got to shine and do His thing!

4 comments:

  1. freaking awesome. gave me chill bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great story and I'm glad you decided to share! Stepping back isn't always easy, but in the end I have to agree, He always wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an example of how AWESOME our God is!

    ReplyDelete