Monday, October 19, 2009

There isn’t a lot of coherence to the items I want to post, so I’m opting for a numbered list. Humor me!

1. As of today (Monday) I am 25 weeks and 2 days pregnant. If you look at the ticker on the right, you’ll see that we cross-over into double digits this week. Woot-woot! At my appointment on Friday, both boys were weighing in at 1 lb. 11 oz. each. I am very thankful to report that they both have lots of fluid and that my cervix is still measuring at 5 cm. My doctor is pleased with how things are going with the pregnancy and we’re continuing to thank God for good reports! I am taking Nexium for pregnancy induced reflux and nausea, but I can’t complain about that! No big deal! One boy is breech, but I can’t remember which one. Here are a couple of pictures!

This is Reid (Twin A). Thankfully, Chase moved his booty out of Reid’s face so the sonographer could snap this photo of his cute little nose! And I know he looks an awful lot like an alien, but don’t you think he kind of looks a little like me? Maybe an alien-version of me?


This is Chase (Twin B). He’s a fan of sucking his thumb, and I think it is just adorable. He seems to be kind of smirking like he’s thinking, “I’ve got my booty in my brother’s face and there’s nothing he can do about it!”

2. My quest to find a preservative-free flu vaccination for myself has regrettably failed. We have decided that the risks involved with me actually getting the flu are far greater than the shot itself actually causing a long-term problem. All I can say is that I did my very best and exhausted every avenue and there just isn’t one to be found. It is a complete blessing that I’m even able to get one at all! (Thanks Lauren and your sweet mom!) I’m thankful that C’s vaccine was preservative-free. I will continue to be vigilant about the vaccines my children get being preservative-free!


3. My daughter, “Eva”, (that’s what she calls herself when we tell her she’s a diva!) will be moving into her big-girl bed either tonight or tomorrow night. I found a cool comforter on clearance at Bed Bath & Beyond and bought her some cute sheets on Overstock.com. We bought a bed-rail at Target and Ryan’s parents delivered the bed last week. The sheets and mattress pad are in the dryer and the comforter should be here this afternoon. We’ve been talking up the “big girl bed” in hopes that the transition will be smooth! I’ll keep you posted!


4. Additionally, “Eva” enjoyed riding her daddy’s bucking bronco leg this weekend. She laughed and laughed and laughed. Her daddy is simply hilarious! And yes, she wore her 12th Man Jersey EVEN though we got SMEARED! She’s no 2%’er!



5. AND here’s the audience participation portion of this post. I want some opinions because I’m really clueless. Some sweet friends are going to give me and the boys a baby shower in early December. So sweet. SO kind! I am just struggling with who to invite. Some people have so many friends that they worry about leaving someone out. I am the opposite. I don’t want to invite someone and have them think, “Why the heck did she invite me? We’re not BFFs or anything!” I mean, I don’t have a huge social circle here. I have many acquaintances and several folks I don’t talk to often but who I would help in a heartbeat if they needed me. I have great work-friends, and they are giving me a shower on their own. Should I invite people who have invited me to their showers in the past? Many of my close friends live far away, but should I invite them anyway even though I know they won’t be able to attend? I’d love any advice!

I hope you are all enjoying some of this glorious fall weather! I soaked up some sunshine this weekend! The boys got some much needed Vitamin D! Keep it real, friends!

6 comments:

  1. those ultrasound pics are amazing :)

    If only they would use those at crisis pregnancy centers...imagine the lives that would be saved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrie - loved the post! About your shower, I would do what you suggested and invite close family, friends and others who have invited you to theirs in the past. But if you're anything like me, the fewer attendees the better. I don't like big groups, especially when you have to OPEN PRESENTS in front of them. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live far away from EVERYONE and I LOVE to be invited to showers...and I always try to send something, even if it's small - it's nice to include online options for gifts because sometimes it's just easier to get someone what they want and have it shipped by the store!

    Family and close-by friends, of course, but do include your out-of-towners, too! And have fun and enjoy the love for you and your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you add me to your hostess list for your shower in December! I say invite anyone you feel is a friend. If they want to come, they will. If they don't or can't, they'll skip or send a gift. Either way, everyone in and around our town loves a good party.

    I'm so thankful your boys are growing and thriving and that all is well.

    Counting down and tell C to come play again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Amy on the shower bit.

    And I have to say I laughed out loud at "Eva." Hilarious! What a cutie.

    Make sure to keep us posted on how C's transition goes. Have I mentioned lately how nice it is to have a friend who's 3-ish months ahead of me on parenthood and pregnancy? =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know how many times I have watached the bull riding video and smiled????? Much

    ReplyDelete