Sunday, October 11, 2009

I must say that my mom completely outdid herself this weekend! Not only did she get the boys' room completely painted, she brought with her their completed bedding! I thought I'd share a few pictures of her AMAZING work!
After she painted, R and I got the cribs put together. Only one bed has a mattress currently because the other crib mattress is still in use. R also got C's new chest of drawers assembled so we moved the changing/dressing table from her room into the boys' room. C's Mimi and Papa (R's parents) are giving C a trundle day bed to use in her "big girl" room. I'm a little nervous about the move to a "big girl" bed, but I guess it is part of life! (Any tips?) The toy box in the boys' room was also moved from C's room to make space for the "possibility" that she'll get a play kitchen for Christmas this year! :)
The room isn't complete yet (of course!) R just ordered a Texas A&M basketball court floor rug for in there. I'm pretty sure he wishes we could have one in the living room, but I have to put my foot down somewhere! I've ordered wall letters to spell out each boy's name and those will go above each crib. R also has a cool Texas flag framed in barn wood that will hang up in there too. The only other accessory I'd LOVE to have in there is a framed picture of my Grandaddy and his twin brother, Wayne, when they were little boys. My Aunt is on the hunt for that! So I'll post more pictures when the room is "done" but it has come a LONG way in one weekend!
And Miss Priss. How could I do a post without including some of her most recent antics? She loves to "help" when I'm getting ready in the morning, but when Gammy is here C prefers to "help" her. This morning, after mom put on her makeup, C wanted the brush to play with. Below you will see the result! I'm thinking we've got the next Sephora makeup model on our hands! Check out those blues too!
And I must be feeling REALLY secure with myself to post this next picture, but I think it is hill-ar-i-ous! C loves to get my undies out of the clean laundry basket and wear them around her neck like necklaces. At one point today, she had on 3 pairs and was running around the house saying, "Woo-woo!" Mom captured this picture of her peeking through one pair making her face framed in a perfect heart!
So, needless to say, nothing is dull around here. I'm feeling good about how the house and the projects are coming together. I'm also feeling pretty good physically and I'm SO thankful for that! I'm growing like crazy! I plan to post a new belly picture soon. None of my medium maternity clothes are fitting anymore. I've resorted to sleeping in R's XL t-shirts and THANKFULLY, my mom bought me a new pair of maternity jeans and 4 new fall tops this weekend. The boys are very active--my favorite thing about my condition! :) I go to the doctor again on Friday and will report more then!

Be blessed, friends!

5 comments:

  1. If your mom finds a pic and the size is not right or it needs some touching up, have her give me a call. I can do any restoration or enlargement you need if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the boys' room! The bedding is just precious. Great job, Gammy!

    That make-up pic of Miss C made me laugh out loud. Oh, and Hannah does the same thing with MY undies. What little treasures. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sephora might want to use the make-up pic in their advertisements and the "heart" picture should be sent to Halmark for a Valentine card! Thank yall for a wonderful weekend. The accomplishments we made can be crossed off the list of getting ready for R and C to be born. I love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You have been a busy Momma! The room looks GREAT, and I had to smile when I saw C's makeup job! I'm smiling because some days mine looks very similar! HA! And the undies...well, that's just priceless. Marlee does the same thing...ha!

    ReplyDelete