Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Picture it!

Okay, so I can't take a picture of myself, so you'll just have to imagine it...

I can no longer sit comfortably at my desk and in my desk chair for more than a few minutes at a time. This obviously poses a problem and interferes with my productivity! Recently, I started turning my desk chair around and working with my laptop on my lap while my legs are propped up in another chair. That has worked okay for a while, but there is ZERO support for my back which is most of the problem. I finally gave up and came home to work this afternoon, and I must say I believe I've found a solution.

I'm sitting in one of our fold-out camping chairs (you know, the kind with the drink holders on the arms?) with a pillow on my back and my feet propped up in another chair. My laptop is on my lap and for the moment, there is not any pain or pressure on my body. I can lean back enough in the chair that my back is relaxed, and the pillow is just giving me that extra support. Ahhhh.

I will probably try and take this set-up with me tomorrow to work. The only problem is that we are STILL waiting on our living room furniture to come in and removing one of the camping chairs is going to equal removing half of our current living room furniture. Hmmm. Ryan said I could fold the chair up every morning and take it to work and then fold it up every evening and bring it home. Wouldn't that be a sight?

I'm TRYING so hard to maintain my sense of humor and keep a positive attitude, but my body is just entering a really uncomfortable phase much earlier than it would with a singleton pregnancy. I get frustrated with myself when I can't go and do certain things with C anymore because my body just says, "NO!" The only time I'm truly comfortable is when I'm laying down in bed...And oddly enough, that isn't too much fun to C!

I'll make it through this. I do not want to be a complainer or a whiner, but I'm told that folks can tell by the look on my face that I am struggling!

Going to the doctor on Friday for another check-up! Woo-hoo! We're taking C this time, so I'll be very interested to see what she thinks about her Baby Brothers!!

5 comments:

  1. Corrie, we were at Dick's Sporting Goods the other day, and they had their camping chairs (the ones with their logo) on sale for $5.95. Is there a Dick's in Waco? Why don't you go pick up a few? You could keep one in your car, one at work, and have an extra at home.

    Hang in there, sweet Corrie! And you can complain all you want to here. We all completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the doc will give you a note that excuses you from going in to work. I think you should follow that lead! LOL! I know you're miserable, and it is OKAY to complain every once in a while...we all do it...when I'm the one doing the complaining, I try to get a mental snapshot of the "BIG PICTURE" and things don't seem so awful. So, your big picture is in a few weeks you will have THREE children and will be pain free! YAY!!!!! I'll pray those weeks FLY by for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I SO wish you could take a picture of yourself. I'm thinking R needs to do so when he gets home from work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you should send this blog entry to the furniture store. Maybe they will get on the stick!
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for your discomfort and also praising God for the comfort of a good camping chair! LOVE that solution! Seriously though, I will be praying for quality sleep and relief from pain. Can't wait to hear about the appointment tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete