Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I can’t convey how much I appreciate the kind and encouraging comments, texts, emails and even one real-deal card I got after posting last week! I was in need of some affirmation, and you guys certainly came through. I’m thankful for the prayers that accompanied the words. Things are going to work out. We’re all going to survive and THRIVE! Thanks for walking with me on this journey!!

We went to the doctor on Friday morning and got to see the boys again! Chase weighs 1 pound and 5 ounces, and Reid weighs 1 pound and 4 ounces. That is only a 4% discrepancy and totally normal. We won’t worry unless the discrepancy goes to 20-25%. Both boys are still boys and are moving around LOTS! I start going to the doctor every two weeks now, and as of today I am 23 weeks and 3 days! We were thrilled and thankful for a good report!
(I have some pictures, but none are scanned and ready to post! I'll add them soon!)

I had to break down this weekend and go to Wal-Mart to buy bigger (granny?) underwear and a bigger bra. Sorry if that is TMI for anyone. Things are just growing and I put it off long enough. I hate spending money on stuff like that, but things were beginning to get unbearably uncomfortable!

I have noticed myself doing a lot more grunting when I’m moving around, bending over or trying to get up from being on the floor with C. I guess it makes me feel better to do it, but it is totally involuntary! I am large and getting larger, but it will be totally worth it when these baby boys are born big! I’m praying for 6 pounds each and that I’ll be able to carry until at least 37 weeks!

Princess C has been nothing less than a delight lately. Not even once have I had to threaten to sell her on Craig’s List (okay, you must know I’m kidding!) She must be in a growth spurt because her eating has reached a new high level! I wish there was some way to quantify the things she’s learning every day…It really just blows my mind! She loves “Wonder Pets”, apple slices, M&Ms, playing with sidewalk chalk, looking for bald eagles (?), and swinging outside. I took this picture of her this morning enjoying her apple slices and a little “Wonder Pets” before it was time to head to Nana’s house. I've been putting a little "gel" in her hair to keep her curls tight all day!
My mom is coming this weekend to paint the boys’ room. We’ve got the cribs and hope to get them set up as well. I’ll post pictures when it starts coming together!

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love those sweet blonde curls! I'm so thankful all has gone well and that you have been uplifted and reassured! We are headed to College Station this weekend...sure wish you guys were, too! Miss you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get "older"....granny panties, and grunting when you get off the floor are a natural thing!

    Love the curls! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete